Different jurisdictions offer a number of tax and commercial advantages for the registration of ships.
It is important to understand the characteristics of each jurisdiction and the various tax exemptions that are available. The circumstances of each situation and the objectives that the vessel owner is seeking to achieve must be considered.
CHOOSE A JURISDICTION:
Dixcart assists with the importation of the vessel into the EU and undertakes all of the preparation work in advance to assist with the customs clearance procedures.
Dixcart can establish the ownership structure and provide the ancillary services needed to maintain your choice of registration, in the relevant jurisdiction.
Dixcart can help you with accounting and secretarial needs. We can aid with ongoing corporate services, such as directorships, and filing of appropriate returns.
Choosing the right Jurisdiction
The nationality of a ship allows the vessel to travel internationally and the registration will determine which country the ship sails under and which laws it is subject to. Some registers offer financing opportunities.
Dixcart has an office in each of the below locations. We have helped a number of shipping clients around the world and offered direct experience of ship registration and expertise, in the following jurisdictions:
Services include the incorporation of the owner entity, coordinating the appropriate corporate and tax compliance, and registration of the vessel.
Full Service List
- Expertise on the relevant holding structure in your jurisdiction of choice
- Coordination and registration of the ship
- Assistance with the importation of the vessel into the EU, including any necessary customs arrangements
- Advice regarding a variety of tax incentives that may be applicable, including advice on added tax and corporate tax
- Implementation of a special purpose vehicle, to hold the assets
- Administration and management of day-to-day operations, including accounting and secretarial services, monitoring costs, budgets and cash flow in relation to assets, and any statutory requirements
- Additional services, such as directorships or the provision of corporate office holders
- Expertise on import and export formalities
- Assistance with crewing, including payroll and crew contracts, if needed